Monday, April 6, 2009

Flea Market Finds


Yesterday I had the privilege of spending the day my most favorite way which is treasure hunting at flea markets. Not being much of an early morning person, shopping days are the only days that require me to set an alarm clock for an ungodly to me, but probably normal to most 9-5 types, time in the morning. I have no idea who decided that 4 am is the ideal time to set up for a flea market and that shopping with flashlights is a great way to make sure you get the worm. I don't do this. I go at a normal time when the sun is out and I can actually see what I'm looking at. Maybe I'll miss the Holt Howard mustard and relish dishes, but it allows me to actually have a really fun day. I took a few pictures of my finds from yesterday.


I love the pictures on this block puzzle. There are 6 designs total and they have the original papers that show the finished designs.


For some reason I have become enamored of these crazy beauty school heads. These now bring my holdings to 5 which I guess makes it an official collection. I have no idea what I'll do with them. Right now they're sporting some of my finer hats. The Handy Hannah hair dryer is a great piece and I love that it has the box and a stand.


I haven't decided if this yellow bag will be for me, or if it'll end up in the Etsy shop. For now I'm totally enamored of the color, and it's a great size with lots of pockets. Hmmm... The Rapco Satellite Jump Shoes are one of those amazing toys that the company would probably get sued for today after someone's kid broke their ankle on them. Oh, the good old days when toys were dangerous.


If I ever get another tattoo I want this design. OK, not for real real, but I seriously think it's amazing!

1 comment: