Tuesday, June 2, 2009

When one door closes...


...another opens! I'm super excited to bring you the news that the sad closing of Orphelin Vintage has a happy ending. At the eleventh hour, a longtime customer of Orphelin and Funhouse, and avid vintage collector decided to take the plunge of entrepreneurship and is reopening the shop as Astro Vintage! The focus will be a little more boutiquey with more clothes, a bigger men's section, and rotating art shows every month. There will still be lots of housewares, wall decor and fun stuff too, plus more jewelry and accessories. Happily I'll still be consigning there! Please excuse the lack of blog posts lately - it's a huge undertaking to change over a shop, and this one has a lot of space to fill... The transformation is in the works and is coming along swimmingly. (I've always wanted to use swimmingly in a sentence). I'll post some pictures once the new set is complete. The target open date is this coming Saturday June 6th. I'll let you know the rest of the details once I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment