Monday, January 25, 2010

It's good to be home

When I started this blog I never expected to be able to stay completely on top of it, or to post as often as I'd wish. I like to consider myself a realist... But life has a way of throwing you unexpected curveballs, and for the past 5 months things have been, shall we say, not how they usually are. After my brother passed away at the end of August, my husband and I went to LA for 2 weeks, came home for 2 weeks, and planned to return to LA for another few weeks or so while we figured out what we needed to do.

Well, a few more weeks became 4 months, and the clothes we packed for October in LA didn't quite cut it in December when it may occasionally actually drop into the 50s (gasp!) and it does get a bit cold. Living out of a suitcase (OK there were dressers and closets...) can be hard for any duration of time. Of course living out of a suitcase in Beverly Hills is slightly less hard, but still... I'm a creature of habit and a homebody, so not having any of my stuff, along with a very limited selection of clothes makes the little things like being able to pick out a different outfit every day of the week suddenly more exciting again.

The past 5 months have kind of gone by in a blurry haze. The majority of our time in LA was spent working on the auction we held of my brother's sneaker collection. We sold almost 800 pairs of shoes with all of the proceeds benefitting the DJ AM Memorial Fund, which was no easy feat (pun intended). It's incredibly satisfying to me to think that the money we raised will help to have a positive impact on the lives of people who struggle with addiction.

I've been back home for a month now, and I'm still trying to find a balance between getting back to my own life, and the things that continue to need attention in my brother's world. Since I started my own business 6 years ago I've become very familiar with juggling. I'm really glad to be able to work on my website again. And let me tell ya - if you ever thought you could stop promoting your business for 4 months I highly don't recommend it!

Here are some of the things I've added to my Etsy shop lately...



Pyrex and Fire King




West Virginia Glass Blendo

I love these pieces because they all mix and match so well, and the colors are awesome.



Salt & Pepper Shakers

They're going quick!

I'll bring you a few more updates soon... for real real!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the owl shakers and the glassware. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see you are back! :-) I love the photos you have taken of the shakers....beautiful and really, plain genius. You do have a wonderful eye for color!

    ReplyDelete