Friday, April 24, 2009

Orphelin is closing. Sniff sniff...



It is with great sadness I report to you that as of May 25th, 2009 Orphelin Vintage Boutique will be closing its doors. (Insert sobs here.)
Orphelin took over the old Funhouse space at 720 S 5th St
in Philadelphia just under a year ago, and has been a great place to find an eclectic mix of vintage clothing and housewares from numerous vendors and local artists. Tara has decided not to renew her lease in June. (Wipe away tears.)

But there is a bright side - at least temporarily... Most of the store is on sale for 20% off, and selected furniture pieces are as much as 50% off!



We have a LOT of stuff there including tons of dresses, tops, skirts, shoes, bags, pants, housewares, knickknacks and loads of art! May I suggest this giant black velvet unicorn painting measuring a whopping 27" x 40"?
(I need to give a shout out to my friend Sue of Giant Dwarf
for spying the unicorns for me - that's right, I currently have not one, but TWO of these babies.) But seriously, please come down and support Tara this last month, and score some great vintage goodies on sale. The shop will be open Thursday - Sunday from noon to 7 pm.

3 comments:

  1. how had i never been there? i'll have to run over and check it out. thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been meaning to check this place out for a while. guess i'll get my butt over their asap now. really too bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heading to Philly this weekend and this was on my list of "would like to's". Now it'll be a "must do!"

    ReplyDelete